In South Africa, educational opportunities are not just a privilege but a fundamental right. Therefore, the South African government has initiated the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme, aimed at supporting undergraduate and postgraduate studies in the field of education for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Details About Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2024
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2024 is open for applications from aspiring educators in South Africa. The scheme is a support system for those passionate about shaping the future through teaching.
Benefits of the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
You can expect the benefits below as a recipient of this award;
- The Funza Lushaka Bursary is a full-funding scholarship, that covers most, if not all, of the essential expenses of the recipients. These expenses include:
- Tuition Fees: Your educational expenses are entirely taken care of. Yes, you can boldly say goodbye to student loans and financial stress.
- Accommodation and Meals: The scholarship provides for accommodation and even includes meals. To help you focus on your studies without worrying about housing and food.
- Books and Learning Materials: The cost of educational materials is covered, so you can access the resources you need for a successful academic pursuit.
- Teaching Practice: Gaining practical teaching experience is crucial. Hence, the Funza Lushaka Bursary supports this by covering expenses related to teaching practice.
- Monthly Living Allowance: A monthly living allowance is not guaranteed, but there’s a possibility of a small monthly allowance for living expenses. This is done to help the student have some level of financial flexibility.
Who’s Eligible to Apply for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
To be eligible for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme, applicants need to fulfill the conditions below:
- Applicants should be 30 years old or younger to qualify for this bursary.
- The bursary is not extended to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouses, or their dependents/children.
- The Funza Lushaka Bursary only supports approved B.Ed. degree or PGCE programs, with a focus on priority subject areas.
- Applicants should have a good academic track record.
- You must demonstrate your commitment to a teaching career. This includes a genuine interest in working with young people, enthusiasm for a professional teaching career, and the ability to face challenges with integrity.
- You need to commit to teaching in any school where the Provincial Education Department (PED) places you.
- Students must meet the minimum academic criteria for the bursary award.
How to Apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2024?
Candidates who meet these eligibility criteria can apply to be a part of the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme. The application process Include:
- Registration: Start by providing your personal information.
- Login: Use the username and password you created during registration to access the system.
- Go to the e-Services Menu and choose Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme.
- Enter the OTP received on your preferred channel and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click the 2024 application button on the menu and follow the steps carefully to fill in the required information.
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information you’ve provided.
For more details, kindly visit the official website at http://www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za/Home/FirstTime
The application deadline for the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme 2024 is not specified.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme limited to certain fields of study?
The bursary primarily focuses on B.Ed. degree or PGCE programs specializing in priority subject areas related to education.
What is the age limit for applicants?
Applicants should be 30 years old or younger to qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary.
Do I need to pay back the bursary amount in the future?
No, the Funza Lushaka Bursary is a non-repayable scholarship, provided you meet the required teaching commitments.
Are international students eligible for this bursary?
No, the Funza Lushaka Bursary is specifically for South African nationals.