It’s so shocking to know that questions like what is Facebook is still popping up. Well, Facebook is a social networking site that makes connecting and sharing things with your family and friends online easily.
Facebook was originally designed for students in college; the fact is that Facebook was created by Mark Zuckerberg amidst his enrollment at Harvard University.
Today Facebook has become the largest social network in the world, with over a billion users worldwide. Facebook allows you to send messages and post your status updates to keep in touch with your family and friends.
You can also share other various content such as your links and photos. Although, sharing things on Facebook is a bit different from other types of online apps communication. This is because the things you share on your Facebook are more public, unlike emails or instant messaging, which makes it usually seen by many others. Although, Facebook provides privacy tools that help you minimize and limit who can view the things you share.
Have you ever pondered as to why people like and prefer using Facebook? After all, there are many other ways to communicate online on the ground, like through instant messaging, emailing, and lots more. What makes Facebook stand out is its ability to connect and share with people you care about all at the same time.
Currently, for many to own a Facebook account is now like a normal routine of being online, much like having an email address of your own. Moreover, because of the popularity of Facebook, other websites now work to integrate Facebook.
This automatically means that you can use a single Facebook to sign in to various services across the web. Facebook is designed to be more social and open than other traditional communication tools.
According to Wikipedia, Facebook is an American online social network, and social media-based in Menlo Park, California, and a flagship service of the namesake company Facebook, Inc. it was founded in the year 2004.
Facebook was created by Mark Zuckerberg, with some students and roommates at Harvard College by name, Eduardo Saverin, Chris Hughes, Dustin Moskovitz, and Andrew McCollum.
The founders initially restricted the Facebook membership to Harvard students and later expanded the membership to Columbia, Stanford, and Yale then later expanded to the rest of the Ivy League, MIT, and higher education institutions in the Boston area and other universities. Later, access was granted to anyone who is 13 years and above. Facebook can be accessed from devices connected to the internet, devices like tablets, smartphones, and computers.
Uses of Facebook
Below are some of the beneficial ways of using Facebook;
- Facebook can be used to form a study group; it’s a known fact that Facebook started at Harvard University. If you are an undergraduate or about getting your MBA, Facebook is an easy tool and can be helpful outside the classroom. It can be used as an avenue to set up a group of a specific class, where you can invite your entire classmate to join. It is also an easy method of sharing notes with friends that were absent in class. It also a suitable place to decide meeting times and venues to set face-to-face studies.
- It can also be used to build your brand; Facebook is one of the best platforms to actually build and promote your brand. This is because the majority of your potential customers are on Facebook every day. So, you could create a fan page and make sure to keep all your content regularly updated.
- It can be used to find a job; linked in might be the first to come to mind, but Facebook can is actually a better platform to find a good and suitable job, as it can give you a long list to pick from. This is because of its large and wide volume of users. You can take the opportunity of the personal connections you have on Facebook to shop around, and if you have professional Facebook contacts, make sure they can only see what you want them to see.
- It can also be used to find new employees; it can be a very useful platform in finding people to work for you, just as it is useful in finding a job. You can use your fan page or your profile to let people know you are hiring. It is an effective way to recruit employees. Just like I earlier said create a page that is mainly for your business, so people who are searching for jobs can check regularly and if interested apply.
- You can also use it to promote your blog; with many bloggers and upcoming ones, there’s no better avenue to start with the use of Facebook to the advantage of your blog. Firstly, create a Facebook group for your blog as the Facebook group has members, unlike the fan pages. You can send messages to the members of your group by letting them know when you post something new on your blog, which cannot be done with the fan pages.
How to Create a Facebook Account
Firstly, you must be 13 years and above to be eligible for an account. Below are the procedures for creating an account;
- Firstly, go to the Facebook home page and click on Create New Account
- You will be required to fill in some information about yourself such as your name, mobile phone number or email address, password, date of birth, and gender.
- Tap on the signup
- To complete the creating of your account, you need to confirm your phone number and or your email.
Note if you are having problems with your password, you can reset it. That aside, Facebook is an avenue for keeping up with family and friends easier and faster like never before. You can easily share updated photos, interact with friends, pages, and stay connected.
You can also get the latest happenings from around the world.
Facebook Login Page
Now if you want to login into your Facebook account and you need help on how to do so then you should read and follow all the steps below:
- Google Gmail – Create a Gmail Account | Google Gmail Sign Up and Login
- Email Gmail Sign Up – Gmail Reviews – Gmail Sign in Email Login
- Christmas Games – Best and Fun Christmas Games to Play With the Family
- Messenger for Instagram – Instant Messenger Instagram – How to Access Instagram from Messenger
- Ok Social – Oksocial Jobs Listings | Oksocial Login
- Login to Snap Benefits: The Lists of Things You Can Buy With Your Snap Benefits | Benefits of Snap