How to enable Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags on your Website
Have you ever thought of how you can enlarge your business or how you can get a wider audience to view your products? Well, Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags will be of help as it supports integration between Facebook. And several websites by allowing them to become good graph objects with the same purpose as other objects on Facebook.
Recently Facebook has become the main traffic driver for several websites. These days even big corporations drive consumers to their Facebook pages instead of the company websites straight. And yes there are Facebook “recommend” and “like” widgets on every website. Facebook brought out a new feature which will be of help to marketers in reaching a wider audience with their interesting posts. Open graph is the new protocol used by Facebook to allow 3rd party websites and web apps to connect users’ activity on the site with user activity on Facebook. The following are ways on how you can enable Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags on your website
Steps on how to enable Facebook Open Graph Meta Tags on your Website
Users should know that the Yoast SEO plugin makes it very easy to add Facebook open graph Meta tags to their website
- Log into your WordPress website
- When logged in, you will be directed to your dashboard. There is a menu on the left corner of the page, click on the “SEO” button
- On the next window, tap on the social button
- Click on the Facebook tab and toggle the “add open graph meta data” to enable it
- You can customize your open graph tags and to do this you are to add a default image for pages without images. You should note that if your homepage non-static you can set the homepage open graph tags here also
- Finally, click on save changes.
Using this Facebook open graph Meta tags will drive more traffic to your website