Deleting a Facebook page – How to Delete A Facebook Page
Deleting a Facebook page is not decision we come up with every day or rather make easily. A Facebook page can either be a fan page or a business page depending on the purpose of the page. Though deleting a business page is easy it is no walk in the park as there are certain steps to follow in order to completely and successfully delete a Facebook page.
Most Facebook users always mistake deleting a Facebook page to un-liking a Facebook page. You can only unlike pages where you are a member or a page you have previously liked. Meanwhile you can only delete a Facebook page where you are an admin.
Deleting a Facebook page – How to
There are different ways a user can delete a Facebook page. A user can either delete a Facebook page via the web browser on a desktop system or via the Facebook mobile app on a mobile device. The mobile device in question here can either be an android device or an iOS device.
To delete a Facebook page using a desktop device follow these instructions carefully;
- Log on to the official Facebook website at facebook.com.
- Locate the menu icon on the Facebook page or a drop down arrow and click on it.
- Scroll down the drop down menu and click on manage pages option.
- Click on the name of the page you want to delete.
- Locate the settings tab and click on it. The settings tab is located at the top of the page.
- Click on remove page which is located at the bottom of the settings page.
- Select delete page name link on the next page.
- Click on delete page again on the next page. Clicking on that option will automatically place your page on a 14 day deletion period or mode.
- To permanently delete your page after the 14 day period re-enter your page. Click on settings and then select remove page. Click on permanently remove page name. finally click on the delete tab when prompted.
To delete Facebook page via a mobile device;
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the menu icon which is either at the top of your screen or at the bottom of your screen depending on the type of device you are using.
- Select pages and then the name of the page you want to delete.
- On the page tap on the settings icon and select edit settings on the settings menu.
- Tap on general and then scroll down to the remove page heading and select the delete name link.
- You will have to tap on the delete page option when prompted.
Just like that of the desktop, this will place your page on a 14 day deletion period. To permanently delete your page;
- Re-open your page and tap on the menu icon.
- Select edit settings.
- Tap on general. Scroll down and tap on permanently delete.
- Tap on delete page when prompted.