We will be discussing today “Cover Facebook Timeline”. Your Facebook cover photo is the larger photo located at the top of your profile right on top of your profile picture. Your Facebook cover photo is public and this implies that it is visible to all. In this article, we will be talking about the cover Facebook timeline.
Cover Facebook Timeline
The process of creating a Cover Facebook Timeline is not a difficult one at all, once you are ready to create your own cover Facebook Timeline, all you have to do is to go to your Facebook account and follow the simple steps we have provided for you below:
- The first step to take is to follow the new Facebook Pages Terms for cover photos. The Facebook cover timeline was announced in 2012 alongside the Facebook page terms and the guidelines for cover photos. The sole aim of these rules is to stop marketing some techniques that are still in use on some Facebook pages. There are some things that a Page’s cover photo does not include:
- It does not encourage people to upload cover photos to their personal timelines,
- Include price or purchase details.
- Also, Include contact details, for instance, website address, email, mailing address, or details that Facebook intends to put in your Page’s “About” section.
- Include references to Facebook features or actions.
- Include calls to action,
- Also, your page’s cover must not be deceived, mislead or infringe on any other person’s
Basically speaking, Facebook requires your Page’s cover photo to be attractive photography and not an advertisement or graphic filled with words.
Facebook Cover Photo
Make a design to fit the right size and shape: The Facebook cover photo is a special image size with a rectangular composition including a cut-out for your profile at the lower-left corner. This implies the most beautiful cover photos are most likely images that are specially designed to maximize the exact size and shape of the cover photo. Below are the detailed measurements for your Facebook cover photo:
- Facebook cover photo size: 851 pixels- width by 315 pixels- height
- Minimum image dimension: 720 pixels wide
- Profile icon cut-out: 133 168 pixels- width by 74 103 pixels- height, with a space of 24 pixels from the left edge of the cover photo
- Profile icon size: 160 x 160 pixels, with a minimum image upload size of 180 x 180 pixels
- Make a decision of what to include next: You are not allowed to include your contact details, calls to action, price details, or discounts but you are free to include other important details like an inspiring quote, image copyrights, photographer credits, and so on
- The next step is to choose quality images
- Finally, upload your image.
How to Change your Facebook Cover Photo Timeline
You can decide to change your Facebook cover timeline anytime you want to, follow the steps below to carry that out:
- Firstly, log into your Facebook Page admin account.
- Move the cursor to your cover photo and the “Change Cover” button will appear in the lower right corner, tap on it.
- Click on “Upload Photo,” look for the image file on your device, then tap the “Save Changes” button.
- After that, tap on the photo to add a caption, tags, and location information and the process of changing your Facebook cover photo timeline is successful.
That’s it on this article.