Chat heads have been in for several years. Chat heads represent a quick way to interact and keep in touch with your friends while on the go or your device home screen. They make texting and mobile chat easy and fast. With the chat heads, you can be on any other platform on your device and still reply a text on messenger by tapping on it because the pop-up head will display the message.
When you install the messenger app on your Android device, chat heads are enabled automatically or by default. Not everybody likes them on their messenger; there is a way to get rid of them. On this article, I will be showing you how to disable or enable the chat heads on the Facebook messenger app. You will need to be signed in to your messenger to be able to use the chat heads. Facebook messenger is a texting app for Facebook. You can send and receive messages. Make video and audio calls to anyone for free. You also can share your photos and clips with contacts or friends. There is much more you can do with the Facebook messenger app.
How to Download Messenger
You can get the Facebook Messenger app for free on the app store of your device. Follow the simple instructions below to install;
- Open the app store of your device.
- On the list of Games and Applications displayed, scroll through to find the app or you can use the search bar to type in “Messenger”.
- On the result that will appear, click on the first result displayed.
- Then tap on the green download tab to install.
The Facebook Messenger app will be downloaded immediately if you have a good data connection on your device or Wi-Fi.
Signing In to Messenger
Signing in to your messenger account is very simple and fast. You can sign in with your phone number or your Facebook login details (email address or number and password). If the instructions to sign in;
- Launch the messenger app.
- If you have Facebook on your device and your account is logged, the messenger will automatically collect the information to sign you in on messenger.
- You can also sign in manually by typing the details in. click on “Not You” or “Switch Account” then enter your Facebook User ID; email address or phone number and the account password.
- Then tap on Sign in.
- You can sign in with your phone number too.
The account will be signed in and your recent chats will be loaded and you tap on any to start a conversation.
How to Disable Chat Heads
You can disable this option if you do not like it. Follow below;
- Open the Messenger app and tap on the small profile photo of your account at the top corner of the screen.
- A menu will appear with different options.
- Scroll down and tap on “Chat heads” option with the toggle to it right. Hit on the toggle and it will turn grey.
The chat heads have been disabled. You can also enable it back with the same guidelines above.