What is apple pay Walmart? Can you use apple pay at Walmart? If you can’t use this payment technology at Walmart, what can you use then? There has been a buzz on the internet recently about using apple pay at Walmart stores.
Well after various reviews on the matter, it is now clear that you cannot use apple pay at Walmart. I personally did research on the matter as I visited a Walmart store and try using it. Well to cut the story short, you cannot use apple pay at Walmart.
Apple Pay Walmart
Now that Walmart does not accept Walmart’s pay, what then does it accept? Well to shop at Walmart stores, you will need to use the Walmart pay tool. The reason why Walmart is not using apple pay has not yet been revealed. But personally, I think it is due to the fact that Walmart is trying to push users to use its own payment app, Walmart pay.
You will need to download the Walmart app on your iPhone device before you can use it to pay for purchases on Walmart stores. Walmart’s pay creates a unique QR code with which you can scan while checking out.
This, therefore, takes payment from your card. You can link major debit, credit, pre-paid, or Walmart gift cards with your Walmart pay account. Although it is not as secure as apple pay, your payment information is protected behind a passcode.
How to Set Up Walmart Pay on Your iPhone
To set up Walmart pay on your iPhone device, follow the steps below;
- Download the Walmart app on your device and install it.
- Open the app and tap on account.
- Select payment methods.
- Add payment information to your account in the Walmart app.
- You will have to set up a 4-digit passcode.
You will now have to choose to use face ID or touch ID for the Walmart pay.
How to Pay With Walmart Pay from Your iPhone in Store
To pay with Walmart pay from your iPhone, follow the steps below;
- Long hold the Walmart app on your phone’s display.
- Select Walmart’s pay from the pop-up menu.
- Enter your passcode to authenticate a payment. Or you can use the touch ID or Face ID.
- Lastly, scan the generated QR code to complete your transaction.
That’s all on how to pay with Walmart pay from your iPhone in stores.