Applications for the AfDB/GCA YouthADAPT Challenge 2023 are currently ongoing. The African Development Bank Group and the Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) have partnered to launch the Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program (AAAP). This program aims to secure $25 billion to support and expedite climate change adaptation efforts throughout Africa.
Applications for the AfDB/GCA YouthADAPT Challenge 2023
One of the key initiatives within this program is the YouthAdapt: Empowering Youth for Entrepreneurship and Job Creation in Climate Adaptation and Resilience. Specifically, the Africa Youth Adaptation #YouthADAPT Challenge is being implemented as part of the YouthADAPT program. This challenge focuses on scaling up youth-led innovations in climate action across Africa.
In this particular cohort, the program is exclusively targeting female-owned enterprises that are utilizing Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) technologies and innovations to address climate adaptation and resilience. In addition, these enterprises are expected to prioritize solutions that tackle gender inequality.
Some of the eligibility Criteria to be met are as follows
- The founder must hold African citizenship.
- The founder should be actively involved in running the enterprise.
- The entrepreneur must be aged between 18 and 35.
- The business must be registered legally in Africa.
- The business should have generated profits during the past two years.
- The entrepreneur must not have any criminal record connected to corruption, tax evasion, financial misconduct, felonies, or other offenses.
- Eligibility is limited to enterprises with a majority female ownership (at least 51%).
- The business must showcase a direct influence on climate adaptation and resilience.
- Must involve technologies from the fourth industrial revolution (4IR)
- Examples include Artificial Intelligence for tasks like Crop Monitoring and Extreme Weather Prediction.
- Big Data Analytics for activities such as Natural Disaster Risk Assessment and Climate Modeling.
- Blockchain for applications like Supply Chain Transparency and Carbon Credit Trading.
- Fifth Generation Wireless (5G) for purposes such as Disaster Response and Remote Monitoring.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) for areas like Smart Agriculture and Smart Cities.
- Drones for uses such as Autonomous Disaster Response and Ecosystem Restoration.
- Additive Manufacturing (3D Printing) for creating Customized Climate Adaptation Tools and Localized Production.
- Quantum Computing Technologies for Advanced Climate Modeling.
- Virtual Reality (VR) / Augmented Reality (AR) for Training and Simulation.
- Robotics for activities like Disaster Response and Ecosystem Restoration.
How to Apply For The Program
Applicants must ensure that all sections of the application form are completed (incomplete forms will not be accepted).
You can visit the official website for more information about the program.
November 5, 2023.
More Related Content
- YouthADAPT Challenge 2022-2023 – APPLY NOW!
- H&M Foundation Global Change Award (GCA) 2023 for Global Entrepreneurs – Apply Now!
- What Are Good Ways to Save on Home Insurance?
- Small Business Administration Disaster Loans – Who is eligible for an SBA Disaster Loan
- Images From the Resident Evil Reboot Promises a New Faithful Adaptation